11.30.2011

Home.

There is always someone there to greet you (Hunter), it is quiet (once he's been taken out for a run), lively & full when family and friends are over (really it doesn't take much to make our little house full!) and has more memories then you can even remember.
Some of the early memories include eating on steps because we had no table set up yet, having to find other ways to entertain ourselves since there was no cable and the quiet before the Hunter! We never took for granted the close proximity of Bloor West Village and having High Park and Lake Ontario at our doorstep.



Up until almost 2 years ago, my home was in my parents' house. There were smells, sights and people that I love more than anything. Coming home to food cooking, family calling you in from the door and being able to drop everything and relax is something I remember well and used to look forward to. After having moved out, those are things I like to imitate.
It only helps that we live in an area that begs you to come outside, in any season. 






There really is no excuse not to take Hunter for a walk, several times a day. After a night of friends, food and drinks, there's nothing like a hike to cure any hangover, and believe me, we've had our fair share!

On the other side of our home is the Lake. Beautiful in many ways and the water somehow has a different shade every time you look at it.




Although I will always miss living in my family's house, my home is quickly becoming my favourite place to be.
Besides, every time I visit my family, who can say no to having my mom come outside (in whatever weather it may be) and waving like a mad lady until the car I am in has turned the corner and left to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment